FerMENTORS Series: Black Project
Expect a short, clean-tasting initial phase, with Brett funk and acid developing over multiple months.
Black Project Spontaneous Ales Culture is ideal for a wide range of Belgian and farmhouse ale styles like grisettes, saisons and American wild ales.
- Type: Yeast & lactic acid bacteria blend.
- Pitching Rate: Directly pitchable into five gallons of 1.050 or lower wort
- Estimated Attenuation: 92%-98%
- Estimated Final pH: 3.8-4.0
- Flavor/Aroma Profile: Clean saison initial; Funky, sour with aging; varies batch-to-batch
- Flocculation: Low to medium; Higher with prolonged aging
- Recommended Fermentation Temperature: 65F-75F (18C-24C)