Czech Unpasteurized Lager (CUL)
Who doesn’t love a malty, slightly hoppy traditional Czech lager? The common commercially available strains sourced from the “original” brewery often lack a certain richness found in the classic beer.
CUL was sourced from an unpasteurized Czech Lager beer that produces a unique, malty sweet Pils aroma, a medium mouthfeel, subtle bite with low diacetyl production and a short primary fermentation.
Ferment at traditional lager ferm temperatures 50F-55F (10C-13C) for 2-6 weeks with a diacetyl rest before crashing or additional lagering.
- Type: Saccharomyces pastorianus monoculture
- Pitching Rate: 5 GALLON BATCHES SHOULD BE MADE WITH AT LEAST A 500ML STARTER OR TWO HOMEBREW PACKS OF CUL WHEN FERMENTING AT LAGER TEMPERATURES. Directly pitchable into 2.5 gallons of 1.050 or lower wort at lager temperatures.
- Estimated Attenuation: 77%-83%
- Estimated Final pH: 4.3-4.5
- Flavor/Aroma Profile: Bready, sweet Pilsner aroma, low diacetyl
- Flocculation: Low to medium; Higher with prolonged aging
- Recommended Fermentation Temperature: Lager Range: 50F-55F (10C-13C)