Berliner Blend *BETA*
Availability: Limited, Bootleg BETA. This is potentially a one-time only release based on response.
We’re big fans of traditionally-made, mixed culture Berliners. That’s why our Berliner Blend is designed to make tart, funky, and flavorful Berliners using traditional Brettanomyces and Lactobacillus Berliner cultures.
To make a tart beer use less than 10 IBUs, or skip the hops entirely.
- Type: Yeast & Lactic Acid Bacteria blend. Saccharomyces, Brettanomyces, and Lactobacillus cultures.
- Estimated Attenuation: 96%-100%
- Estimated Final pH: 3.2-3.5 (if unhopped)
- Flavor/Aroma Profile: Funky, Sour; varies batch-to-batch
- Flocculation: Low to medium; Higher with prolonged aging
- Recommended Fermentation Temperature: 65F-75F (18C-24C)